First update of the New Year!
- You can now preview a character/location image from the Issues window by Right-Clicking and choosing “Preview Image”. This is also available as a Right-Click option on the Characters and Locations forms for related items.
- Navigator sidebar images are now loaded directly from the server. This is a holdover from before I moved the image library online, and just hadn’t gotten around to changing it. This helped reduce the program file size a bit, too!
- Fixed the problem with not being able to quickly find issue numbers from the dropdown list at the top of the Issues form. An extra space was being added into a field that the list drew info from, so it couldn’t understand what it was looking at. All better now!
Lots of behind-the-scenes tweaks to increase functionality, and several changes to Editor-side business to make their jobs easier!
Lots of tweaks, fixes and a few new features in in this release!
- Characters window is now larger! Images are bigger and listboxes have more visible space!
- Added “Print to File” option to Classification Search results, so users can output data to a printable file! Print buttons are now available on forms as well!
- Fixed code that was crashing the “Find Data” feature on Characters and Locations
- Fixed code to allow uploading of images to characters with a “#” in their name.
And much more! Check out the release notes for more details!
This is a maintenance release to last weeks update, to fix a few small background bugs (most of which were probably not even noticeable), and to add a couple new features that I’d been tinkering with! Check out the Release Notes page for more info!
This will be the home for the latest updates on the development of The Comic Book Index software application! We’re still getting things up and running, but look for regular updates soon!