One year ago today, I released the public beta of the Comic Book Index. To celebrate, I’m releasing a new revision with many updates.
And we also just hit the 8,000th indexed story on March 31st!
Comic Book Index Version 0.8.143.650 – Release Notes
- Revised Titles form; now includes Filter options
- Added Filter options to Characters and Locations
- Navigator now has a Search button on the left. Moved Database Refresh to a link at the bottom of the issues list.
- Double-Clicking on a character or location from the Issues form now loads only that item into the Characters or Locations window
- Changed the default image if there isn’t an image to load
- Removed Filter button from Characters and Locations windows; redundant with inclusion of Filter options
- Added Classifications for Locations and Items
- Fixed error that caused Search form to error out if no records existed
- Search Classifications revised to include Locations & Items classifications
- Search Classifications now updates as classes are added to or deleted from the search list; removed search button
- Revised filtering code to allow for better recalling of previous filters.
- Fixed coding error that wasn’t allowing reports to be printed and saved properly. Now creates a folder in users My Documents for “Comic Book Index Reports” and sub-folders for Issues, Characters, Locations, and Searches.
EDITOR SIDE UPDATES
- When editing a record, a prompt will now remind editor to add a note regarding their edit of the particular record.
- If you attempt to save an edited record but do not include a note, a prompt will remind you to add details of your edit.
- Navigator now displays the number of open tasks you have and the number of issues added or edited. These update automatically whenever you return to the Navigator.
- When you save an issue, program now checks to make sure there is an associated title, and prompts editor to add it if not.
- Added Classifications to Locations and Items
- Quick Lookup – Added a textbox to the form instead of using the Add Characters window
- Changed Add Classifications to include the new Locations/Items options
- Revised the form for adding characters to the Notes portion of Classifications. Added prefixes to help automate the process of adding character relationships.
- Fixed bug that was causing the Issues form to crash if you edited the cover date and tried to save.
- Titles window – If there is no text in the End Date box when saving, program now prompts for it.
- Fixed code that was causing information from Quick Lookup form to fill both Add Characters and Add Locations forms.
- Fixed bug that wasn’t allowing image renaming on characters or locations with an apostrophe in the name.