Monthly Archives: January 2014

CBI Version Released!

I was going to hold off until I’d completed some other larger revisions, but there’s some new functionality available that I just couldn’t wait to share!

  • On the Characters and Locations windows, there’s a new filter option to drill down to a specific title. For instance, if you’re on Iron Man (Anthony Stark), he’s currently at nearly 1200 appearances, which can be a lot of info to sort through. You can now specify his appearances in a specific title (say Avengers v1). I also changed the filter by year option to a checkbox, so it can be used in conjunction with the filter by title option, to filter the appearance list down to Iron Man’s appearances in Avengers v1 in 1965 (which is 6 appearances, btw).
  • Fixed a coding issue that was prompting users to add issues to a title if none had been indexed yet. Problem was, this popped up even if you weren’t logged in as an editor, so you wouldn’t be able to add any issues.
  • There is now an option on the Issues window to allow you to view the title info for whatever title you’re currently viewing. Just Right-Click in the issue list and choose “View Title Info”
  • Resized the Locations window to be the same size as the Characters window. Just part of my attempt at uniformity.

CBI Version Released!

First update of the New Year!

  • You can now preview a character/location image from the Issues window by Right-Clicking and choosing “Preview Image”. This is also available as a Right-Click option on the Characters and Locations forms for related items.
  • Navigator sidebar images are now loaded directly from the server. This is a holdover from before I moved the image library online, and just hadn’t gotten around to changing it. This helped reduce the program file size a bit, too!
  • Fixed the problem with not being able to quickly find issue numbers from the dropdown list at the top of the Issues form. An extra space was being added into a field that the list drew info from, so it couldn’t understand what it was looking at. All better now!

Lots of behind-the-scenes tweaks to increase functionality, and several changes to Editor-side business to make their jobs easier!